A good Muslim learns Arabic to study the Koran. • A good Christian reads the Bible in one of hundreds of translations, and learns to apply the Word of God to her heart, in hopes that she might overcome sin.
A good Muslim can be sure of heaven only by becoming a martyr.
• A good Christian is sure of salvation by the witness of the Holy Spirit in her life.
A Good Muslim believes that non-believers are infidels to be subjugated, with no standing in Muslim society.
• A good Christian believes that non-believers are God’s children to be love and prayed over.
A good Muslim views Allah as a dictator, who issues harsh commandments, impossible to keep.
• A good Christian sees God as a loving father, who issued 10 commandments to keep His children safe.
A good Muslim believes that every man should live in bondage to sharia law.
• A good Christian understands that she is a sinner, and that the Law points to the bondage of sin, and that Christ’s sacrificial death and resurrection frees her from sin.
A good Muslim is a slave to Allah.
• A good Christian is a willing bondservant to God’s loving, compassionate will for her life. God’s law demonstrates our fallibility, and points our need for redemption.
A good Muslim believes he should kill infidels.
• A good Christian believes that when the apostle Peter took up the sword, Christ told him to put it down; she fights only to protect herself, her family, and nation.
A good Muslim believes Allah demands that men, women, and children sacrifice their lives to be guaranteed a place in paradise.
• A good Christian believes that God sacrificed His Son to guarantee her a place in heaven.
A good Muslim believes that women are property, to be subjugated and used.
• A good Christian respects women and treats them as equals.
A good Muslim believes that harsh civil laws of a theocracy should dictate societal norms.
• Because of her belief in freedom from sin, a good Christian trusts in a free society based on a constitution founded on Judeo-Christian ethics.
A good Muslim believes that one who – like the staff of Charlie Hebdo – portrays Allah in a negative manner, should be killed (fatwa).
• A good Christian may not like sacrilegious things but understands that God gives her and everyone else the freedom to live as she chooses; she may not like the way others live and believe, but vengeance is God’s province.
A good Muslim believes in killing adulterous women, just as Mohammed did.
• A good Christian may not like the deeds of the adulterer, but believes in forgiveness, because Christ forgave.
A good Muslim coerces non-believers to convert to Islam.
• A good Christian believes that by letting Christ shine from within, and by always being ready to speak of Christ, non-believers will become pliable and willing to listen when the Holy Spirit speaks to them.