There is in the Western World a great falling away of Christians. Fewer people claim to believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior. At the same time, there is a rise in spiritualism. It is, it seems, easier to find people who believe that man was planted on this earth by space aliens than created by God. It is easier to find believers in ghosts haunting an old building than someone who believes in a biblical hell. It is easier to find someone who believes that all well-intentioned religions lead to eternal life than it is to find someone who believes that Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life. So, we begin a 10-part series called, What We Believe on Christian Holiness Daily.
- We believe in one God, The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures as found in their original form in the Old and New Testaments and that they contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature and is, therefore, inclined to evil and that continually.
- We believe that the final impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that Christ’s atonement for sin is universal and freely given to all who repent and believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Those who are saved are free from condemnation and dominion of sin and death.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly subsequent to salvation, through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Holy Spirit bears witness to justification by faith and to the sanctification of believers.
- We believe in the return of our Lord, the resurrection of the dead, final judgement, hell, a new heaven and new earth.
Each of these core beliefs stand on their own two feet with a foundation of Scripture. And we will, over the next couple weeks, discuss each of them in some detail on Christian Holiness Daily.
Holiness is, perhaps, the most misunderstood concept in Christianity. Anyone who has striven to follow the life of Christ can likely tell you that it is impossible to do. No one can match His love, His grace, or His compassion. For no one but Jesus is perfect. Once the believer is filled with and empowered by the Holy Spirit, though, he or she is filled to the brim with the love of Christ, and desires nothing more than to please God and follow in Christ’s steps. The love of sin is gone. In its place is a love and passion for others. That is Christian Holiness. This is Christian Holiness Daily.